Saturday, January 23, 2010

Judicial Activism of "Our" Supreme Court


I want to address in my own small way the goddamned stupid Court decision codifying corporations as equal to persons, and thus interfering with the rights of ordinary people to be particular, unique human beings. Now corporations have the same inalienable rights as people, according to the asshole majority-five Supremes, eradicating precedent and common sense and established law and even all previous understanding of the Constitution!

Fascism has become the new fifth "freedom."

What a crock of shit. Those treasonous bastards have no cogent justification and no right--no matter how narrowly "legal" nor broadly defined--to destroy our established freedoms, eradicate the middle class, fill the airwaves and the media with Right Wing propaganda, speed up the collapse of our Democracy, already underway thanks to Republicans and NAFTA and Wall Street "banksters" and Halliburton-Blackwater-whatever and... well, fill in the blanks. I was already bothered and sometimes ashamed to claim my rightful United States citizenship. Now I am ready to join the new, necessary Revolution that is suddenly brewing...

So listen up, government punks. I am out loud and in print advocating every imaginable action: Recall, Impeachment, Constitutional Amendments, a Consitutional Convention... and when those fail, national and international boycotts, a March on Washington, resistance in the streets, "black-catting" and eco-terrorism aimed at any buy-or-bribe corporation--yes, revenge where it should be directed, straight at those odd incorporal beings and their minions whether they be banks, Congress, or the Courts--and as the last resort, even violent Revolution. I have never advocated violence against any living thing before except spiders and snakes, but I am now willing to expand the definition of pests needing to be eradicated.

Yes, I am madder than Hell and over the edge and ready to go to jail if necessary. This Judicial Activism will not go unavenged.

By an ugly, unwelcome coincidence, my wife and I have been viewing DVDs of the television series called Jericho, now defunct. A stealth attack on the United States, nuclear bombs destroying many cities, the terrorists probably homegrown and intending to destroy the nation, a small town in Kansas trying to cope with radiation, refugees, frightened greedy citizens, a lack of medicine, food shortages, other supplies dwindling to nothing, neighboring towns suddenly become suspicious enemies, and much much more. Brilliant, mesmerizing, thought-provoking, ultimately terrifying.

Well, our five quislings, our five Right Wing stooges, our five new Timothy McVeighs, are revealed and clearly in sight now.

Yes, the post-decision, reimagined Book of Eli is suddenly doing box-office business.

Only believe... Retribution will come.

4 comments:

Jane said...

Ed, I couldn't agree with you more. Congressman Alan Grayson said,"We might as well kiss America goodby." I'm already trying to pick out a country where I might be happier. Most other countries like and support jazz -- that would be a novel change for me. Your statment is full of fire and is very courageous. It makes me hope enough people who feel like you and me can bring about a correction of this ruling. I love my family who are all Republicans and are about to lose their home, not from the past 8 years of democratic rule, but through the empire building efforts of G. Bush. They don't see that, because Fox TV/Radio tells them differently and feed their deepest fears with what are many times outright lies. Of course the Right has their version of the truth, but for the life of me, I cannot see how they can sell it to hard working, giving people like my family. The only way is to sell the fear, and they've done a good job of that. I hope there is a chance left for those of us who do not wish to be owned by our greedy corporations who have shown their true colors over and over during (and before)this economic crisis we're going through. I hope Grayson is not correct, but I have fears of my own that he's right. I see nothing good that can come of this ruling. Doesn't common sense have a place on the Supreme Court and in our laws? It's hard to believe, for instance that our lawmakers ruled that women were incompetent to vote up until 1920. Maybe there is a chance to change even today. One thing I hope is that we don't sink to THEIR level to bring about justice in this case...or ever. But we as concerned citizens must do everything to change the direction our Supreme Court has set for us.

IWitnessEd said...

Jane, thanks for the less-angry, more rational addendum to my rant. From your mouth to God's ears...

Anonymous said...

Judicial activism is the domain of the bleeding heart isn't it? If you repeat a lie often enough it becomes truth. I'm sorry Jane but the sale of fear is big business now. Only those who can see it for what it is are not affected. Nice to see a blog about something other than 20yr. old girl angst,babies and religion. Don't be silent! Voice your opinion. The meek won't inherit the earth! L.G.M.

IWitnessEd said...

I allowed this comment from Anonymous as an example of the stupidity and hatred separating the Left and Right these days. I sadly believe there'll soon be more than hearts bleeding...