Saturday, January 24, 2015

Now What?

Christmas, New Year's, Martin Luther King day... three weeks farther along with little or no change. New holes in my skull, ugly stitches in my sparse head flesh (I look a bit like a flattened baseball), hands shaking worse than ever. I got through the surgery on December 30 and January 6, but found this boring anticlimax. Still waiting for the hookup now coming on February 3, one day after the Super Bowl, one day after my 72nd birthday.

Should be good luck, right? Stay tuned.

4 comments:

Alan Kurtz said...

I'm glad you'll be playing in the Super Bowl a day BEFORE getting plugged in. That way there can be no controversy about your PEDs (Performance Enhancing Diodes) giving you an unfair advantage against the Pats & their deflated footballs.

IWitnessEd said...

As an inconsequential 12--really more of a 13--I've learned to be leery of the numbers. But any q'back going up against the Legion must expect a balls-to-the-wall reception (not to mention interception)--inflation, deflation, and oblation alike!

Spanglers said...

Hope the tuning process went well, Ed. Carol and Bob

IWitnessEd said...

hello, y'all. thanks for the good wishes. happy to report that as of today, my hands are as steady as rocks, the least movement observed in a decade. my whole body aches and my skull is swollen, but by gosh and by golly I can actually hold a book up and read again!